Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lung Surgery

I know this is kind of old news and we have already told most of you the results of Daniel's lung surgery, but I thought I should post some of the pictures on here. The surgery was very successful and he is healing well, but the process is very slow. Sometimes it's discouraging, but we are happy he has one clean lung! The doctor was able to take our 28 nodules!

Here's Dan getting ready to go into surgery. Why did they put a hat on him? We laughed so hard. A nurse even came in with a razor to shave him before the surgery. I told her I would be amazed if she could find one hair on his body :)

This is Dan right after surgery. He even smiled for the picture!

Daniel spent the week in ICU. I guess it's protocol for lung surgery patients. Look at everything he's plugged into! There are so many cords!

His first walk after surgery

3 comments:

Shopkins said...

wow those are tons of cords!!! Glad Dan is doing well. you two are so amazing. What a great story!! Love you!

meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg said...

I never stop being amazed at your optimism Mel. I just love you two both so much. I just recall talking to you on the phone while Dan was in the ICU after surgery and you sounded so upbeat even with lack of sleep and worrying for your husband and now that I see the pictures of what the ICU looked like, how overwhelming! I am just in awe of you and your optimism - how do you guys do it?
P.S. Ethan thinks that you guys are so cool because you have a "mo-ped"!