Thursday, March 25, 2010

Family Pictures

Can you call them "family pictures" when the "family" only consists of two people? I think so.

In March when Dan went into remission (whatever that word means) and his hair grew back, I regretted not having more pictures of us together. For one: he just looks really good bald!


And two: I just wanted to better preserve this stage in our life. So, on Monday my sister took some pictures of me and Dan when he was at the end of his chemo cycle and feeling well. I think they turned out pretty cute! Thanks Em! You can see all the pictures she took if you click her photography website "Elm Tree Photography" to the right. She's awesome.

When I look at these pictures I see how lucky I am. The bald head and dark circles around his eyes show the wear and tear on his body. Chemotherapy has taken it's physical toll on most things.... except for his beautiful smile.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... he's such a stud! I feel like these pictures capture happiness, and I really want to remember the happiness that surrounds us through this time.

Thanks for indulging me with this post!

Well anyway... We're up at the Huntsman once again. Dan is receiving his third treatment. It consists of ifosfomide and etopiside. Dan's starting to feel the start of the nausea, but it's not too bad yet. We will hopefully go home on Monday.

Is anyone else as excited as I am for spring?!

13 comments:

The Frenchs said...

What a beautiful, beautiful couple you are! Melanie - your grace continues to shine. Your love for each other is such a testimony!

Bekah and Jim said...

LOVE your haircut Mel!! Very hot! And Dan truly has the BEST smile EVER! Of course you can get family photos with just the two of you! They turned out amazing! Love you guys!

liz and lyman said...

You both are so cute!! What an amazing couple- You both rock!!
We love you and think about you always.
liz and fam

Jacob & Clarissa said...

They definitely count as family pictures! You guys look amazing, these are such fun pictures!

- Clarissa

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Tell Emily she did an awesome job!! Very impressed. Love the colors and the smiles, you BOTH have great smiles.
Thanks for sharing with us.

deborahsouthwick@sbcglobal.net said...

The grace and joy that you both exhibit through the challenges that you face, and are facing, reflects the character of two who are mature beyond your years. Yet your faith and your trust in your Heavenly Father outshines all of us. We love you both and look to you as examples of how to live a wonderful life. Mom and Dad Southwick

Erin said...

okay hot ones. I love LOVE. And im seein some love here. And im sensin a little bottie grabbin in one photo....DAN how dare you....wait am i allowed to write that?

Christina said...

hey u two cute ones! Fun to have a blog to follow-
the photos are PRECHISH!!!

Nicole said...

Your family pictures are just beautiful Melanie. You two look so great, happy & content. We think of you often. Em did a great job on your pictures!!

Courtney and Landon Fowler said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful family Mel. Love you guys!

Kasaundra said...

Of course two is a family! You two are SUCH a beautiful little family. Everyone has commented on your grace and I have to say I agree. You both have beautiful smiles so thank you for taking these awesome pictures so we can all admire them!

Kavin & Ali said...

You two are amazing! I hope you know what light you are to those around you.. you are in our prayers! Love always,

Ali & kavin Lindgren

Anonymous said...

This one makes me so happy. I love the pictures!