Saturday, July 31, 2010

We're home now!

Lots of people have been asking about the pathology of the nodules they took out. As far as the Timpanogos Regional pathologists could find... there was no live cancer!!!! Dan wants to hold off celebrating until the Huntsman pathologists look at them. They have more experience with sarcoma than community pathologists so we will hold off celebrating until then.

Dan is feeling better everyday. When he lays down he gets relief, but sitting up and standing up are a different story. He has been dealing with this spinal headache because of the CSF leak from his spine. This is slowly getting better, but the nausea and pain are almost unbearable if he's doing anything but laying down. Good thing we don't have any plans for the next couple of days :)

So... does anyone have any good ideas for things Dan can do laying down? Maybe some of you mothers who were bedridden during pregnancy?

We will continue to keep you posted on pathology and Dan's status. Love you all.

4 comments:

Jacob & Clarissa said...

Watch tv and movies, read, do puzzles such as crossword and word search, sew (hey, guys can sew too). Or, if he's feeling really sick, I used to get books on cd from the library and just lay there and listen to them when I was too nauseous to do anything else.

Tell Dan that I hope he feels well soon and that the results are good from the Huntsman!

- Clarissa

PS - You rock Melanie, just thought you should know that.

Bekah and Jim said...

Um, does Dan like to read? If so I have a TON of books to recommend. :) That's all I did at the end of my first pregnancy.
I'm so glad you are home now and can get away from the hospital! I'm going to be there next weekend so if your feeling up to a visit let me know! love you guys!

Katie said...

Glad to hear things are looking good so far!

I also have books I can recommend and Dan can borrow (and I won't make him walk up the stairs to borrow them, I will bring them over).

Darren and Tiffany said...

well for one thing, he should hack into your blog and make another funny post! He is such a trooper, you married a great guy, he got pretty lucky to though! Glad to hear all is well, I've been secretly stocking your blog for a while. Know that you are in our prayers. Thanks for keeping everyone updated I bet thats a lot of work.