Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tender Mercies

This is kind of old news now, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have received some GREAT news! Daniel's latest scans have shown that the nodule on his right lung (the biggest, scarriest one) has been reduced to about 1/3 of what it was!!

This is fantastic and shows that the chemotherapy has been working. I know that the prayers and pleading to Heavenly Father have not been ignored.

These "tender mercies" are all around us. They can be big things like tumors that shrink, but they are also small things like Dan feeling well enough to play the guitar for me. Big things like peace during cancer treatment, and small things like the smell of rain that's coming through my window right now. Things that make me smile, things that make me cry, things that make me laugh. All of them reminding me that I'm loved.

4 comments:

liz and lyman said...

I just wanted to thank you for that reminder- I needed it! I love you. You both will always and forever be great reminders to our family of the "Tender Mercies" He gives us each day. Thank you for that clip I absolutly loved it
liz

Rach said...

Hey Melanie! Ok so I hope this doesn't completely freak you out but I was curious as to how the BIG day went, so I completely googled you AND blog stalked you! hahaha Hope that doesn't make you think less of me but...

CONGRATS on the great news! What a beautiful post!

Rachel Wright

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I'm so happy that all the yuckiness of chemo has been paying off. Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for the miracles in my life both great and small. You are a wonderful example to me.

Erin said...

Im so happy for you guys. I love tender mercies too and I am so happy you are experiencing them right now. I appreciated the reminder and was able to fill my cup with that video.

Congratulations on such a BIG hurdle.