Sunday, May 2, 2010

Graduation Time!!


Here are some pictures from graduation weekend. It was lots of fun. Our families came into town and made it a very special time for us.

Our convocations were scheduled for the same time, so we had to decide on a college to walk with. I won rock-paper-scissors so we walked with the college of life sciences. Unfortunately my college is a pretty big one so it took almost an hour and 45 minutes to just read all the names! Wow! Sorry guys! It surprised me how happy I was walking across that stage. I looked to my side and saw Dan, looked up at the bleachers and saw my wonderful family... that's just something you can't beat. This is a big accomplishment for Dan and I and it really would not have been possible without those around us who love us. Our families made our schooling just as much of a priority for them as it was for us. Thank you so much!

After graduation we had a party at my parents house with friends and family. I was happy to see our closest friends and it made me really happy to live in Provo (I NEVER thought I would say that). But honestly, it's been a great place to go to school, and I feel really lucky to have met the people that we have.


I love days like this that break up Dan's treatment into small, "do-able" installments. They give us a fresh breath of air and energize us to keep going and to do better.

Goodbye school, hello real world!!!!

8 comments:

Bekah and Jim said...

Congrats you two!! How cool that you got to walk together! Mel...LOVE the yellow shoes! You guys are the best and we miss you so much!!

loubige said...

Melanie! Congratulations to you both!! Tell your family the Hendricksons say hello....I seriously can NOT believe how all grown up Lauren looks--tell her hello from Corrie. (I'm assuming that is her holding the dog right? She seriously looks so much older) I love the picture of you and your mom, it is sooo cute. :-)

Kristi said...

Congrats to the both of you!!

meg said...

Love you guys! We are all so proud of you both!

Shopkins said...

Congrats Dan and Mel! You guys look so happy and gorgeous! What a great accomplishment! Miss you!

Katie said...

Thats great that the two of you got to walk together. Josh graduated from the Mariott school, and that took well over 2 hours. We would have just taken off after Josh got his diploma case thing, but with a last name like Wood, there were only about 30 people left, so we stayed. Here's hoping the "real world" starts treating you really well.

Fancynancy said...

It was so great to see you guys! We loved seeing your families and spending time together. Tell Dan that one of my only regrets from the trip was that we did NOT get up to see him walk with you (if you call that walking!) I know that sounds horrible to everyone else that reads this but,hopefully you know I'm just stealing it from someone else! Your place is so cute. I'm sorry we finally made it there when Mel was at work. Have a GREAT summer and see you in Hawaii !!!!!!!! We love you guys!!!

Court said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! What are the plans now? Ya'll gonna hang out around here, or are you on to bigger and better things?