Saturday, November 1, 2008

What Will You Do?

So, my English professor posed a question for us this week. With daylight savings tomorrow, we are all presented with an extra hour of time. A wonderful and enticing gift from summer. I just have one question for you:

What will you do with your extra hour?

Let me suggest a few ideas:
  1. Play a game of Yahtzee... it's a classic that never gets old
  2. Dust off your journal and write down some goals
  3. SLEEP! (the most obvious choice, but somehow often overlooked)
  4. Watch an episode of House. I know you'll love the show just as much as I do
  5. Turn off everything except a favorite CD and sit there and listen to the whole thing
  6. Bake something sweet
  7. Call your mom
As for me? I will probably use the hour to decorate my apartment for Christmas!!! I'm so excited that Halloween is finally done and now we can start the bestest part of the whole year. Only 54 more days!

Oh, and some of you have been asking about Dan's next surgery. It is set for this Friday, November 7th. Your prayers, as always, are so appreciated. Prayers are so needed. They bring comfort and provide Dan with the physical healing he needs. I know the reason he has done so well up to this point is because of prayer. Thank you all so much for the faith you show when praying on our behalf. It is so humbling and we appreciate your thoughtfulness.

6 comments:

Shopkins said...

mel it was so fun seeing you at smiths!!! i wanted to just run up and hug you, but there were people in between us and that would of been rude to just clobber your husband and mine. haha. we need to do something!! i miss seeing you. Thanks for your examples! you two are one special couple!! love you guys!!

shreevit2beaver said...

I am pretty sure I will take that extra hour and try and sleep :) I can't wait for Christmas either. I am going to put my tree up next week! Our prayers are with you and Dan.

ELMtreephotography said...

We loved our extra hour. We put our kids to bed at their regular bedtime of 8:00 - which was actually 7:00, and then Robert and I put our P.J.'s on and watched a movie together. It was wonderful!!

Raimo and Jessica Laitinen said...

ooo I'd like to do that whole list. Actually, we did the extra hour of sleep thing. But I'm already psyched for Christmas! We have the Christmas music goin!

Katie Rich said...

Joey and I watched an extra episode of Lost. We are on the second season and we struggle to not be too addicted.

We will be praying for Dan with his surgery. I really hope that it all goes well and the results come back with good news!

Mark said...

Wow, I am tired of Christmas decorating already!!!!! Thats all I hear about - and now she wants the Christmas music on the zune so she can play it through the whole house. Oh brother