Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bored? Try This...

So Dan and I were both in the office when Dan was writing an e-mail. I glanced over at the keyboard and suddenly felt very, very bad for it. Dan was hammering away on the keys like a woodpecker on a tree trunk. I suddenly realized that my dear husband is an incredibly fast typist and it was blowing my mind.

But if you know anything about me, you know I'm competitive. I challenged him to a duel. I thought to myself "Self, you're a pretty fast typist. In elementary school, you always won the typing competitions... don't let Dan intimidate you". So we googled "typing speed tests" and found a good one.


This is Daniel's score:

99 words


This is my score:

50 words
Yikes.... ouch. I'm a little rusty. So bloggers, we now challenge you. Here is the link:

Typing Test


Oh, and by thy way, the second time I took the test I got this:

1039 words(Although the second time, I figured out how to change my score in the HTML format before I posted it!)


P.S. - This blog posting took my approximately 4 1/2 minutes to type. That's gotta help me when I compete in the NCAA Women's Blogging Championships!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

75 words per minute... Watch out Melanie, I'm coming for you. The women's blogging championship is mine! :)

Katie said...

78 wpm. This thing is tricky - I am used to complete paragraphs to copy and sentences that kind of make sense. Dan still wears the crown I suppose.

The Gaskins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gaskins said...

HaHa!!! That's so hilarious 1039? Pretty impressive Mel. PS: you know you can feed those fish by clicking right? I know I know

liz and lyman said...

Thanks for the laugh-
liz

leah says hi