Monday, January 5, 2009

Overwhelmed...

Not overwhelmed with life, just overwhelmed with this blog posting. It's been so long and I have so much!

Let me start with my Mr. Fix-It. Our DVD player stopped working. I was grabbing my keys, getting ready to buy another one, when I found this...
Dan had opened up the DVD player and was attempting to fix it! I love this about him. I sat there quietly, not wanting to disturb. Finally, he got out the hammer and it was time to get an all new DVD player. Thanks for trying Dan!!

Later that night, we tried making a gingerbread house! It turned out pretty good I think. See for yourself...
And finally, Christmas.
We spend Christmas Eve and Day with my whole family. It was SO MUCH fun!!! There were ten kids under the age of 7. I love it. This was Dan's first Christmas with kids since he was a kid. I really think he liked it. Here we are staying up that night getting ready for the morning festivities...
Christmas morning was amazing. It was madness. I love being with my family. These Christmas memories are the ones I will always hold on to. I love you guys.

Then we were on to Kansas. We loved being there. Dan's "Papa" is very sick and it was a perfect time for us to be there with family.
We love you Grammy and Papa. It was a nice, relaxing trip that got us ready to start school again. Oh, and if you are ever in Salina, Kansas you MUST stop at Serious BBQ. It's amazing.

Happy 2009 everyone! I need some New Years Resolutions, so let me know if you have any good ideas!

5 comments:

wenselgang said...

My favorite resolution came from Connie. (Atleast I think it was Connie) Mom told me that for one whole year she returned the grocery cart to the stall instead of leaving it behind someones car! I have yet to accomplish that one. Glad to know you made it back safe from Salina! Love you both!

Elyse said...

melanie- i wanted to let you know that 1. i read your blog all the time and you are such an awesome person and great example. you and your husband are so refreshing and have such great faith. and 2. i saw the play the christmas sweater by glenn beck in a movie theather here and saw you and dan in the intermission clip of that hospital. that man is such an inspiration. i hope you and your husband have a great new year!
thank you for your example.
elyse (neelans) carroll

JENNE said...

Missing you!
Seriously, I hope you have a very blessed year.

loubige said...

Emily--I totally remember being in that class when Connie told everyone about that...that's funny. I've been doing it ever since. (well except if I'm 3 rows away or if it's raining) :-)

Happy New Year Mel!

meg said...

We miss you - can you come back up this weekend?!

Abby-
"I love you. I'm mailing you a picture."

Ethan-
"I hope you like what I mailed you. You really will like it. I love you. And help Dan to feel better."